Sunday, November 9, 2008

I might miss "a new birth of freedom"

I was having brunch with a friend today, and we were discussing our brilliantly unique idea of traveling to Washington, D.C. for Inauguration Day. I was so excited when I left. I immediately got to work, researching transportation, lodging, tickets, etc. Countdown on!


Then I realized that our brilliantly unique idea wasn't so unique. And if I can't get a hotel room or reasonably priced airline ticket, the idea won't be so brilliant either.

Apparently a million other people are thinking the same thing. Something about this being an historic election (I crack myself up).

And there's a process for securing the (free) tickets for the swearing-in ceremony. I would have to go through my U.S. Representative or Senator. And even though this is the 21st century, they actually expect me to call them (on the phone!) for the request and to pick up the tickets in person.

(But not to worry. SOME offices are working on taking requests online. And if I lived in the 7th Congressional District of Washington State, I'd already be in business).

The thought of a visit to my U.S. Rep's office, an overpriced airline ticket, a far-flung (cheap) hotel room, and traffic in D.C. on Inauguration Day makes me nauseous.

I might actually have to miss the ceremony. Shoot! And it's got such a catchy theme.

Digg! submit to reddit Delicious

0 comments:

Post a Comment