Friday, November 7, 2008

Nanny wanted... potential for job growth

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has appointed his children's nanny to a board that oversees the guide dog industry. The nanny's name is Lindsay Schnaidt and she will be a part-time state regulator. She will get paid $100 whenever the board meets, which is about 8 times a year.

Sure, we're not talking about a high-powered, high-paid position, but the cynic in me feels uncomfortable with this. I immediately think she blackmailed the governor into appointing her to this position in return for sealed lips about their affair, or an affair she knows about, or the weird bathroom habits he is hiding. (Please note that I have no evidence that any of this is true.)

One may refute this by arguing that a part-time regulator on the Board of Guide Dogs for the Blind doesn't seem like a fair trade for eternal confidentiality, but I would say, well, what's next, Secretary of Child Care? Fine, that position doesn't exist, but hey, who says Arnold won't create the position for her. The nanny has expressed interest in serving California. She is clearly climbing the political ladder.

Maybe I picked the wrong career. I guess job growth in the nanny world doesn't just mean being promoted to mistress. Hmmm... I'm gonna go check out Craig's List.


Digg! submit to reddit Delicious

0 comments:

Post a Comment